It weighed 1,350 tons and shot 7.1 tons Armor-piercing grenade over a distance of 38 km. The pipe weighed 400 t. In 1937 the company Krupp got the order to build this cannon from the Heereswaffenamt on own desire of Adolf Hitler. It was only used one time against Sevastopol in June 1942. Look at the picture to get an idea of the sheer size!
read more | digg story